Your pet is going to have an operation and may need to be anaesthetised/sedated for this. Below we have listed some common points of concern and advice, but if you have any further concerns or worries please contact the surgery.
- Please arrive at the surgery in the morning for admission, unless other arrangements have been made. Please allow 30 minutes to discuss the case and allow the nurse to examine your pet.
- An estimate for the cost of the operation can be given on request, but bear in mind this is an estimate on costs and not a guarantee.
- The day before surgery the last meal should be given before 10pm. No food should be given on the day of surgery.
- Water should be left down for your pet all night, but lifted when you get up in the morning.
- Your cat should be brought into the surgery in a secure box/carrier. If you leave it with us please ensure your name and address is on the box.
- If you leave any items with your pet including carriers, toys, bedding, leads and collars you do so at your own risk.
- You will be asked to sign an anaesthetic and operation consent form. Do not hesitate to ask any questions if you do not understand anything on the form.
- We may need to call you during or after surgery and you must leave a telephone number we can contact you on.
- After surgery we may call you to arrange discharge, but if you haven’t heard from us by 3pm please contact us to arrange an appointment to arrange this.